Saturday, November 07, 2009

Quick Entry


Another wasted day. I went to the post office to pick up my Klean Kanteen. Without a car, going to the post office is a bit of a trip. I take the train one stop (an hour if I walk). Then, it is about a 30 minute walk from the train station to the post office. Today, there was no waiting on line, although the woman behind the counter still moved at what I would call a "Postal Pace". Slow! Anyway, I was able to walk back down the mountainside in time to catch the bus back home. I should have returned home and gotten directly on finishing up doing the report cards, but instead, I sleep the day away.

Tomorrow, I have an event planned for the museum. In the past, I've joined local social networking groups with limited success. In a moment of boredom, I signed up to be an organizer of a group. I was hoping this would be a way to meet new people with similar interests. So far, there seems to very very little interest. I'm beginning to feel like my cloak of invisibility is again at work. Normally, I have the ability to appear invisible to the point that people can walk and talk near and around me as if I'm not really there. It appears that cloak also works online. I've joined groups where people sign up at the drop of a hat for anything (whether they plan to attend or not). My group, very little response. I've asked for responses, but have not gotten very many. I put of a couple of suggestion for group events, and only 3 people responded. It is still early, so I'll see after a few events.

A part of me wanted to cancel so that I could work on the report cards that have to be in first thing Monday morning, but a part of me feels that if I cancel this event -- I already cancelled the first schedule event because I didn't feel like going. Besides, no one wanted to attend that event as well. I created this group as a way of meeting new people and trying to develop social skills, so even though I should be more productive, I'm going to the museum tomorrow...a group of one.

Oh, the attached photo is my new Klean Kanteen.


Post Date - Saturday, November 7, 2009 10:36PM

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Well, there's nothing all that unproductive about going to a museum! Very cultural!

I've done a trip the art museum by myself before. I like that as much as going with someone else. I can just look at the exhibits as much and as long as I want that way.