Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day & Black Bag

Before I ramble on about nothing of any real importance, I should take a moment to thank all of the veterans past and present that makes it possible for me to sit home in comfort and safety to ramble on about nothing of importance.

I would like to say "Thank You" to all of the veterans around the world

As I wrote above, I don't really have anything of importance. I just spent the last couple of hours online trying to decide on a black bag to buy.

What happened to the Neatfreak? I tried it out last Sunday. It was too small. It was nice, but too small for my trip to the museum. I arrived at the Metropolitan Museum about 45 minutes early. Since I was organizing the group meeting, I didn't want to be late. On my way to the museum, I stopped to buy a Sunday newspaper, and a breakfast drink. I quickly realized my Neatfreak (bag)was too small. All of a sudden, I had a Sunday newspaper, a shopping bag and the Neatfreak bag. With a backpack, it all would have fit in one bag. Once I went into the museum, I received a gift bag also. Everything fit nicely in the gift bag. After reading the newspaper, I tossed it (minus the TV guide). I'll do another post about the first group trip to the museum at another time.

Anyway, after a couple of hours online, I finally settled on a Premium Military Field Bag (Black). It is slightly smaller than a messenger bag, but bigger than the Neatfreak. I'm guessing this should be the right size and style for me. It was only $12 (not including S&H). It seems to cheap to be of any real value, but the online reviews seems to be mostly positive. I think it might be shipment of military surplus that someone is trying to unload.

Comments
Pictures

I still like the Neatfreak, but I'm hoping this new bag will be the "it" bag for me. I'm a bit lazy and really don't want to have to switch around from bag to bag. I'm kind of a "Grab and Go" guy. I'll start forgetting things if I have to change bags to go out. My backpack has been my grab and go for years, but as I get older, I'm not liking the pack mule feeling of the backpack; I've also gotten lazy about opening it. When I need something from the backpack, removing it from my shoulder, than needing two hands to open it, and then rummaging through it has gotten to be a hassle. With the messenger bag, I'll be able to open it with one hand. Yes I know, I'm just getting lazy.

Post Date - Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:07PM

No comments: