Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Hello Pen pal. Just a quick entry. I just spent about a couple of hours here at the local internet cafe. I was just about to leave when I thought that I should do a brief entry. Tomorrow, if everything goes well, I will be going to Washington DC. Unfortunately, I will have very, very little money. In a previous blog, I mentioned that a payroll secretary did not submit my pay information on time, so I did not receive my salary. I was lucky to have been able to get an emergency loan about 60% of the expected amount due.

I wanted to buy a suit to wear to the interview. My other two suits were old and worn, so I decided to leave them in Japan (mistakenly believing that I would be working full-time by now, and be able to afford a new suit). Now, I will be lucky if I will be able to buy food. I am traveling on the poverty tour. A discount bus to a youth hostel for my very first trip to Washington DC.

I'll write a little more about my trip to Washington DC when I return, but now I am tired. I had a very rough day today. I was given a very wild class today. What I found surprising was that this class was wilder than (or seemed wilder than) the other third grade class that has two full time teachers assigned to team-teach. Strange.