Sunday, February 12, 2006

Trapped!!!

I am trapped in Washington DC. The eastcoast of the US had a snowstorm last night. I was suppose to take a bus back to New York City, but the bus company has cancelled all bus trips to New York.

I had to purchase another night here at this youth hostel. The cost was $32 dollars for one night. Unfortunately, I now have only $30 dollars in my wallet. Oh, and my emergency 5,000 yen. In Japan, I tried to carry an extra 5, 000 yen bill in my wallet for emergency, I had forgotten about it until I needed to show my ID. I always kept the bill hided behind my ID (so I wouldn't be tempted to spend it). When I first arrived here at the hostel, they forgot to ask me for ID (they also forgot to give me my free breakfast tickets, but that's minor). I wonder if seeing the 5,000 yen bill is an omen that I've hit rock bottom.

Well, since I am here in Washington DC another day, I will try to make the most of it. I'll see if I can walk around a little.

Now, I've spent enough time on this computer, so I'll end this entry for now.