Sunday, July 30, 2006

BBQ and Personals Update. Yesterday, I went to a BBQ. I was told the night before about the BBQ in the park. I was asked to make macaroni salad. Although, I thought it was last minute (and I really did not want to go), I went.

Originally, my plan was to make the macaroni salad here in the shoebox, then go to the park. My foster father wanted me to make the macaroni salad at his place, suggesting that I get there very early. Rather than argue, I just said that I would try to get there early. However, that morning when I finally got out of bed (about 10am), I was not in the mood to make macaroni salad, so I decided to stop off at the supermarket on the way to the park to buy some store-bought macaroni salad. In the store, I ended up getting carried away. I ended up buying: two pounds off macaroni salad, a sweat potato pie, a pack of Oreo cookies, a quart of beer, and a bag of Doritos. I ended up spending about $20 dollars ($18.94) for a party I didn’t really want to go to. The BBQ was okay. No one ate anything I bought. However, the beer was gone fairly quickly. After shopping for the above mentioned items, I arrived in the park about 3pm. Everyone else arrived at the park about 4 or 5am. Yes, that is in the morning. After walking the perimeter of the park (and not finding anyone), I used my cell phone to call for the location. I was planning to stay to about 6pm, but I ended up staying a little bit later. Once another group brought out a pair of 5ft. tall speakers and started blasting the music, I got up, thank everyone for inviting me, and I left. On my way walking to the train station, I got a call on my cell phone from someone who had place a personal ad in the friendship section.

I’d mentioned (in a previous blog entry) that I had placed an ad and received 4 replies. I also replied to about 10 or 12 ads (looking for a walking friend). In total, of about 14 ads, I only found one person who was interested in meeting me to walk around the city. We are going to meet on Tuesday at 2pm at the City Hall information booth; there we will decide where we will walk to.

Today (Sunday), I was planning to walk around my neighborhood, but I ended up staying in uploading my previous blog entries. I usually type my blog entries into a Word file so that I can upload it at another time.

Minor events today:

* The property owner called to ask if I wanted to pay the rent today. Since I was planning to go out, I told him that I would stop by an ATM to take out the money to pay him. Since the ATM at the store was not working, I ended up going to my bank (about a 12 minute walk up hill).

* I went shopping for a few items.

* Mr. 40+ told me this morning that he had some kind of foot fungus which was why he did not go to work for the last couple of days (not including the couple of days from hitting his head on the warning sign). He had a cane, his foot was bandaged up, and he had a limp when he walked, so I assume it was serious, although, he wasn’t here for most of the day. He returned this evening, only to put something in the oven, and leave again. When the timer went off after about 15 minutes of beeping, I knocked on Mr. 40+’s door, but there was no reply. The oven timer would continue to beep for more than an hour, before Mr. 40+ returned to turn it off.

* Screamer decided that it was her turn to blast the stereo earthshakingly loud.

Well, that is it for now. Tomorrow, I think I will go to the Bronx Zoo, I was trying to save it for a walking trip with someone, but I might as well go alone. I’ll try to take a few photos. Yes, yes, I know. I still have the Botanical Garden and the Wall Street photos to upload to my other web site. I also have the photos from Japan (Osaka, Kyoto, and Nara) to upload.

Post Date - Monday, July 31, 2006 12:27pm