Thursday, July 13, 2006


July 13, 2006
Today I spent about 3 hours walking around in the New York Botanical Garden. Although I am really not a big flower person, I really enjoyed myself. The cost of the garden was $6.00 for a general admission ticket. There was a special exhibition of glass sculptures, but since the cost was $16, I did not go to the exhibition. There were a few sample glass sculptures throughout the garden; those free samples showed me that I did not miss much. Inside the garden area, there were different areas (including flower groups, tree groups, and plants grown around rocks group). There were also a couple of very easy hiking trails (in the natural forest section) that I enjoyed very much. The hiking trails were very easy on my week knees. In total, I walked about 4 hours, and I took about 50 photos. I will try to post some of the photos on my other website in a few days.

I also suprised myself by having the strength (after a brief nap) to do 30 minutes on my rowing machine.

I attached two photos. The first photos is of the the greenhouse/conservatory. Since the main Glass Sculpture exhibition was located inside (with an extra $14 dollar fee), I did not go inside. The second photo was one of several flowered area; I think this one was designed to be a part of a courtyard. I think the place was being reserved for a wedding.

Post Date - Saturday, July 15, 2006 11:48am