Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hello. Short and simple (I hope). Hopefully typing this while online will keep it short. On Friday, I had early dismissal from school, my plan was to get out by 4, but I ended up leaving at 6:18pm. I could go on about the usually nonsense, but I won't. Just reread a couple of previous blog entries and changed the dates.

Oh, the mayor came to my school on Thursday. Only a select group of classes were allowed to hear him speak. No, I was not invited. I did get a photo of him. Posting that photo will keep me online longer, so I am not going to post it.

Thursday evening, I returned to my shoebox with Screamer and her boyfriend yelling at each other. While they were yelling at each other I was in the hallway cleaning up the water that was coming from the utility room.

On Friday, I bought some (Americanized) Chinese takeout (fried chicken wings and shrimp fried rice). Coming in the front door (about 7pm) the property owner arrived at the same time (to collect rent from the other tenants). Although rent is collected every two weeks, I pay monthly. He told me that the apartment place I applied to had faxed him requesting information about my suitability as a tenant. That made me smile. After eating my takeout dinner, I decided to call it a night (about 10pm). Since school has started I have been overworking myself to the point of exhaustion. I need to make some changes, schoolwork should not be this hard. Last night was the first time is 5 or 6 weeks that I had a relatively nice sleep. I woke up around 6 this morning, the first time I was not tired.

My plan for today is to deposit my paycheck, do my laundry, a little shopping, lesson planning, grade a couple of assignments, and make a job chart for my classroom. I also want to get back on my rowing machine. Since school has started, I've only been on my rowing machine about two times. It is a sunny day, let me get going.