Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Saturday walk. I had a meeting with someone who answered my casual friend personal ad. The plan was to meet on 14th street at 1pm for lunch in a diner. The first diner had a waiting line that was almost out the door, so we went to another diner. I had a basic hamburger with onion rings and hot tea. The ad responder had a hamburger with fries and a Coke.

After lunch, we walked around the Village for a while. At about four, I walked my ad friend to the bus stop. After he got on the bus, I decided to walk across the Williamsburg Bridge since I was in the neighborhood. To me, the Williamsburg Bridge had some of the qualities of both the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge.

At the end of the Williamsburg Bridge, I followed the bridge to the nearest train station (the J train). I transferred to the F train and then to the D train. On the D train, I met a parent of a former student (7 or 8 years ago).

Back in the Bronx, I decided to go to Target to get another book. I finished part 2 of the Bartimaeus Triogy. I was planning to get the final part. The final part is still in hardcover, so I debated with myself whether to get part 3 or buy the adult edition of the Chronicals of Narnia. While I was standing there, a woman recommend another book that I was not planning on buying. For the glowing review she gave it, I decided to buy ERAGON by Christopher Paolini. I also bought the Fantastic Four DVD. My plan was to watch the DVD, but I was too tired.

I rode the bus back up the hill. On my way back to my shoebox, I stopped of to buy some beef with broccoli. Having just finished eating, I am now writing this blog entry, trying to not fall asleep.

Tomorrow, I will try to rent a U-Haul for my big move to independence next weekend.

No comments: