Sunday, October 22, 2006

Procrastinating as usual. I just finish making my U-Haul reservations online. While Mr. 40+ has his stereo on high. Oh, I will be soo glad when I am out of here. Anyway, I have received the rental confirmation. If everything goes well, I will sign my apartment lease on Saturday, October 28th. I will return to the shoebox, pack the few things I have (including dismantling the futon). On Sunday, Pick up the U-Haul rental truck (and dolly). I should be finish in about 3 hours...I'm guessing.

I just left a message for my foster father's lady friend's son. I am offering him $100 dollars to help me move. If I don't get a reply:

2nd option = Call my foster brother's son (same offer), or

3rd. option = go online to a "hired hand" link I found on the U-Haul page. There, it will cost about $100 dollars to rent one person to help me move. The cheapest offer was for one person $20 flat travel fee + $30 per hour.

I did a Yahoo Map search to check the travel distances. From shoebox to the rental office is about 2 minutes by car. From shoebox to my new apartment (I love saying that) it is about 13 minutes by car.

What do I need to move? One TV, Futon, TV stand microwave, clothes, a few school supplies/materials, A couple of miscellaneous boxes. Single servings amount of kitchen supplies (one box). Just a few things that came to mind.

No comments: