Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I just finished an hour composing an e-mail to a parent whose son was complaining that he wanted his seat moved.

I returned to my shoebox/cell after a long day of yelling and screaming. I arrived at the front door only to find Mr. 40+ blasting his stereo for the last two hours. He stopped at about 10pm. I now have a head-splitting headache.

I ate my leftovers of Mac & Cheese, barbeque chicken, and spinach.

Today was day two of the new planner in me. I managed to plan my lessons for tomorrow. I even left my planbook (on purpose) at school. Unfortunately, I am still having trouble leaving the building at a normal hour. Today I was out of the school at 6:30 (arriving at my shoebox/cell) around 7:30pm. I also started returning the textbooks that I had brought from school so that I could do lesson planning over the weekend. This morning, I had to carry a small shopping cart full of books 7 minutes up-hill to the train station, up and down subway station stairs. Tomorrow, I have about 10 more textbooks to bring to school. The real challenge will be on Friday, to see if I can plan for the whole week.

Not much to write about.

My school had a faculty conference yesterday after school (every first Monday of the month).
Yesterday, after school, I went to Staples here in the Bronx to by more supplies for my students. I spent about $57.00.

Today, after school, I went to the 99 cents store. I bought a few more items for my students. Screws for the manual pencil sharpener the assistant principal gave me. I like the old fashioned (manual) crank pencil sharpener.

Well, I am starting to yawn and fall asleep while I type this.

Until next time…