Monday, October 16, 2006

Hello. I just finished typing up my homework sheet for next week. Well, today was a bit more productive. After laying in bed for most of the day, I finally got the strength (and the will) to get up. I went to the laundromat. I went shopping while my clothes were washing. Upon returning to move my clothes from washer to dryer, I walked in to the laundress saying "sorry papi". Apparently someone left red lipstick in the dryer. There were red stains all over my clothes. I should have been very angry, but I wasn't. The laundress offered to rewash the clothes. While the clothes were being rewashed, I walked up to the Citibank on Fordam to deposit my future deposit on a new apartment (I hope). After picking up my red dotted clothes, I returned to my shoebox/cell. I really wanted this to be the beginning of a new (better organized) week. I cooked dinner (Mac & Cheese in a box), BBQ chicken, and spinach). I did my lesson plans for tomorrow and my homework sheet. I did not make the job chart for my classroom, but I did type up the labels for my students work folders. Long story, teachers are "encouraged" to have folders for each student for each subject area.

I decided that starting tomorrow, I would no long bring the 25 to 30 pounds of teacher textbooks back and forth between home and school. From now on I will plan my lessons after school for the next day, or plan little by little over the workweek for the following week. Tomorrow, I really want to get on my rowing machine.

Now, it showere time and then bedtime. If I am lucky, I'll be in bed by 1:40am. I'll be up by 6:00. While is a big improvement from the hours I been having the first few weeks of schools. There were times I was getting about 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night...each night. I hope to change that starting now.