Saturday, June 14, 2008







Saturday, June 14th
A long day. Today I was supposed to explore the Bronx Zoo with my epal (Macy's Walker). Last night, I wanted to send an email confirmation about our walking event, but I arrived home about 9:00pm and I was asleep about 5 minutes later. I also forgot to recharge my cell phone. You'll see how those missteps led to mistakes today.

I was up about 7:30am. I was still tired from the work week. Normally, I would still be sleeping. Our meeting time for the Bronx Zoo was 10am in front of Gate A. To make sure I was on time, I left my apartment at 8:30am. I arrived at the meeting spot about 9:20am. About 15 or 20 minutes later, I decided that I would send a text message, it was then that I noticed that my epal(MW) had sent me a text message Friday about 5:15pm changing the meeting time to 11:00am. Somehow I missed that message this morning when I plugged in my phone to be charged 30 minutes before I had to catch my train. Normally, when I have a message, a blue message logo lights up on the cover of my cell phone letting me know I have a message. Maybe since my battery was low, it did not show. Anyway, I now had an hour to kill. I texted back that 11am was okay. When the zoo opened about another 15 or 20 minutes later, I sent another text message about where I would be inside the Gate A entrance. About 5 minutes later, I sent another text message mentioning the P.O.P. (Pay One Price) zoo offer. Instead of paying for each special zoo attraction, patrons can pay one price and have access to the whole zoo. To kill time, I rode the shuttle around the perimeter of the zoo. I arrived back at Gate A at 11am. Still no message from MW. I didn't call or text because I was trying to save my battery which was flashing low. I waited about 45 minutes for MW, still no message. Finally, I gave up and started exploring the zoo by myself.

First stop was the Wild Asia Monorail ride(an extra attraction). I've been on it 2 or 3 times already, so there was nothing new. Next up, I ordered fried chicken stripes and fries($7.25). After lunch, I continued my exploration. I walked the north western path up to the Congo Gorilla(another extra). Gorillas behind glass eating, and sleeping. Not much else. Next, I walked the northern path to the far eastern end of the zoo stopping at the various animal exhibits along the way. I also had a vanilla/chocolate twist ice cream cone. A few minutes later, I went back for the French Vanilla milkshake. Next, from the north eastern corner of the zoo, I walked diagonally to the Skyfari located in the south western corner of the park (near Gate A). Along the way, I stopped off at the mouse house, the butterfly Garden (another not really impressive extra), Somba Village, etc... I avoided the tiger mountain and the World of Darkness. Each class trip to the Bronx Zoo, the kids always want the see the tigers and the World of Darkness. On the Skyfari waiting line, I received a text message from MW stating that I hadn't read his email from last night and he also apologized for leaving me in the lurch. I was annoyed mainly with myself for forgetting to check my email this morning for a confirmation from MW. Since I was annoyed (and my battery was low), I did not reply to the text message. After the Skyfari, I went to the Children's Zoo (another extra). I've been there numerous times as well. However, since I paid for the complete package price, I wanted to get my money's worth, so I went. Lots of climbing stuff, nothing interesting for an adult. As soon as I finished visiting the Children's Zoo, the sky started to darken, and thunder began. It was time for me to go.

On my way home, I stopped at the Target Store to see if I could find a father's day gift for my foster father and brother. I already bought the cards, but I wanted to buy a gift. I finally settled on a telephone set (one corded phone and cordless phone) for my foster father. I bought my foster brother an electronic dictionary. while I was there, I bought myself a new memory stick for my camera, and a USB flash drive that fits on a keyring. I've stopped wearing my school keys around my neck and I wanted to do the same for my flash drive. Now, I can keep my school files on my flash drive with my school keys. After Target, I walked to the MN train. I caught the express. When it arrived in Yonkers, the rainstorm started.

I wanted to go to ShopRite grocery store to buy my foster father a ShopRite gift card. I usually buy gift cards, but I also buy some small gift just so the person has something to open. Since it was raining so hard, I stayed in the train station waiting for the local train. I took the local train home. Picked up my large umbrella and rain jacket. I took the local back to Yonkers. First stop was at the imitation 5 and Dime store. I wanted to buy a blender. My new epal suggested that I should try juicing as a way of losing weight. I looking in Target to price a juicer. They had two juicers (cheap and expensive & cheap and very expensive). I also looked at the components of the juicer and knew that I was too lazy to use a juicer. Besides, my main reason for not wanting a juicer is I remember reading (or watching on TV) a couple of times people mentioning the negative to juicing was that most of the vitamins were in the pulp the part the juicer throws away. I also bought a heavy duty shopping cart. I want to try giving my granny cart a break. With my old granny cart, I really got my money's worth out of it. I went shopping, hauled trash, and filled in with text books etc.... Next stop was grocery shopping. Of course the rain started again. And again, it was heavy rain. I arrived home about 8:15pm soaking wet. And one of my carton of milks was punctured by the shopping cart, so on top of getting my wet products put away, I also had to deal with the spilt milk. After eating a microwaved dinner and putting the food away, and cleaning up the water and the milk, I started my blog entry about today.



Completion Date - Saturday, June 14, 2008 11:39PM
Post Date - Monday, July 7, 2008 11:44PM

No comments: