Monday, June 23, 2008

Today was an okay day. This morning, I woke up at 6am with the plan of catching the early train. But I quickly realized that I wouldn't make it. This I told myself why rush, I can just take the next train. However, before I realized it, I had misread my new watch readings, and I missed my train. So, I took a taxi to school day.

Today was "show solidarity for the sixth graders" day. Everyone was asked to wear th the school's T-shirt. I wore mine over my white shirt and tie.

While the students worked on the workpacks that I put together over the weekend, I started packing up things. Luckily I saved all of my boxes from last year, so I don't have to worry about boxes.

After the kids left at 3pm, I continued to pack up my materials. About 6:30pm, I started to put my classroom in order. The things that were packed were placed in a corner of the room. I wanted my students to see that the classroom was cleaned, organized, and still ready for work. I told my students that if they came, they should be prepared to work. Too often, teachers tend to loosen up around this time, and that sends the wrong message to an already hyper group. One of the 4th grade teachers told me (last month) that the school year was already over.

Completion Date - Thursday, July 10, 2008
Post Date - Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:49PM

No comments: