Thursday, June 05, 2008

Wednesday, June 4th
I'm going to try to keep this short. Just a few quick summaries:

* In the daily bulletin the principal made directive about (faculty) not eating in classrooms and offices, due to an increase in mice running rampant throughout the building. However, the pilot program of kids eating in the classroom will continue. So apparently, stopping adults from eating in any other room but the teacher's lounge will stop the sudden increase of mice activity, but kids eating in classrooms won't have any effect.
* My class was a bit hyper. I think I've written that enough times.
* I received 3 make-up periods, which should have made my day an easy day. However, one of the periods was a coverage with the "Spanish" teacher. What happened? His lesson was a crossword puzzle (English) for the 45 minute period. Midway through, the Spanish teacher -- Yes, not a typo. The Spanish teacher and DQ(Drama Queen) were teasing Giggles about her name. The teasing made Giggles upset. So whose feelings got hurt when I yelled to stop the nonsense...

No, not the "Spanish" teacher. But, good guess.

It was DQ. Her feelings were hurt. She was teasing Giggles, but her feelings were hurt. She turned on the waterworks screaming and crying how unfair I was because I told her to stop teasing Giggles. Again, she digs up old incidents from months ago, and even years ago about what Giggles has done to her (both real and imagined). I'm now annoyed that I'm being the babysitter during the time I'm not supposed to be supervising. The class was supposed to be learning Spanish. The purpose of the prep coverage is that another adult is suppose to be dealing with the kids. However, I'm being the one who had to deal with the utter nonsense. While DQ was doing her thing, Mr. S was saying over and over how he had no idea DQ was like that. I'm not sure if he was talking to me or the kids. Anyway, DQ wanted to leave the room to see the guidance counselor...or the nurse depending on who will let her call home. One call, and someone will come pick her up because "her head hurts, her stomach hurts, she can't be in the room with so and so, etc.... Having been privy to this song and dance more times than I care to count, I told her no. So she goes to the back of the room to pout. Since no one is giving her the center stage treatment that she is used to, she called Mr. S to come hear her side of the story. When he doesn't come, she actually goes over to grab him by the hand and leads him to the back of the room. I just watched partly annoyed and partly shocked that her manipulation skills extends to adults. I'm not sure if it was because I was watching or not, but Mr. S just pulls away telling DQ that he can't talk to her at that time. The waterworks start again. She comes back to me wanting to go to the guidance counselor. This time I tell her she can go, but first I told her to tell me her side of the story. Her story involved what Giggles did weeks and months ago, and the threats to attack her family, etc... Once DQ finishes her side, she turns off the waterworks and ask if she can go to the guidance counselor. As soon as she is out the door, Mr. S starts going on about how serious she is, and how she doesn't know when to stop. And recalls the time -- now I know he is talking the the kids. He recalls the time DQ did something similar last year. So my prep period was more of a babysitting period.

* I was out of building about 3:30PM. I got off the MN train one stop early and walked the rest of the way home. I told myself that would be the only exercise I'll get. I know that by the time I get home, I will be too tired to do any exercising. When I got home, I made dinner. While my turkey meat and green beans were being zapped in the microwave, I made some stove top stuffing on the stove. I fell asleep soon after eating dinner. NJ Epal called about 10PM, we talked for about 2 hours.


Post Date - Thursday, July 3, 2008 12:22AM

No comments: