Saturday, May 16, 2009

The Bronx Zoo

This blog entry will be very short. This week instead of summarizing each day, I can basically sum it up with "Sleep, Stress, and Zoo.

This whole week for one reason or another, I slept very little causing me to need a taxi each day in order to arrive on time. Of the 5 days, Friday's taxi ride was the worst.

The driver seem to not know very much about arriving at my destination, he depended on me to give turn by turn directions. He seemed to catch every light, and ride behind nearly every slow car we could catch. On the block of my destination, a woman was trying to park, but she seemed unsure about what to do, and my taxi driver having rode right up to her car gave her no room to maneuver. Even though a van was able to ride past the "parker", my taxi driver seemed nervous about attempting. Finally, the woman pulled to the side and my taxi driver drove past. When he arrived to the school, instead of stopping in front, he kept driving to the corner to pull over to the curb. Oh, and he wanted to charge me $30 for the trip that usually cost between $12 and $15. Since I was in a rush(and not wanting to be late), I agreed to pay $20.

On Thursday, my class along with a few others went to the Bronx Zoo. For some reason my worst behaved students who knew they weren't going stayed home. One student I should have left was the only one who really messed up. I should have known from her "flip flop" about not wanting to go then changing her mind, she should have been left behind. Normally, she hasn't been a problem on trips, but it seemed as if with so many trouble-makers absent, she decided to take up the "trouble-maker" mantle. She argued, she complained. On the bus back, she got into a mustard throwing incident. Five minutes later, she managed to spill milk from a juice box on her clothes and get some in her hair.

Well, I think that is about it. At almost 3PM, I need to get offline. Oh, I took a few pictures at the Bronx Zoo. I will upload those (as well and some of the ones I took at the Intrepid Museum).


Post Date - Saturday, May 16, 2009 2:53PM

No comments: