Saturday, May 02, 2009

No Show

After finishing my previous blog entry, I had about 15 minutes to get ready to leave for the movie. However, since I was still in my pajamas, I really wasn't in the mood to rush. I decided to cancel, but then thought about the other groups I attended and the "no shows" who make planning difficult. I then changed my mind a settled for joining the group for the dinner portion of the event. I changed my RSVP with the details of where I would be waiting. I showered, dressed and was out the door about 5:30PM. I arrived at the theater about 6:30PM. Believing I had about an hour to kill, I went to Barnes & Nobles a block away. I finished book 3 of "The Sword of Truth". I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series, but I wanted to take a break from Terry Goodkind's world. I settled for Star Trek: Titan.

I went back to the movie theater. I called the organizer's cell phone, but I could only leave a message. I waited about an hour and then sent a texted message about my location. Still nothing. At 8:15PM I left, annoyed with myself. I stopped off at MacDonald's.


Post Date - Saturday, May 2, 2009 11:35PM

No comments: