Sunday, May 03, 2009

Movie Day

My weekend was okay. Not great. Not productive. But it was okay. On Saturday I had planned to join a social network group to see the movie "Wolverine". However, I was too tired, and moved too slow. I ended up missing a couple of trains(before I even got out of my pajamas), so I decided to cancel going. Then, I realized reservations for dinner were probably made for the group already , so then I decided to join for the dinner part of the group.

Well, I arrived at the movie theater about 6:50PM. I called the group organizer, but he didn't answer his phone. I waited until 8:00PM, then I sent a text message of where I was standing...again, no reply. I finally left at 8:15PM. I was angry (with myself) for wasting my time. I was also angry that I had paid for my ticket in advance (no refund). That was my Saturday.

Today, I was just going to go to my foster father's place and then return home before the rain started. However, once I got on the train, I decided at the last minute to see the movie Wolverine. When the movie was finished, I left the theater, but when I returned to the lobby, I saw that "Monsters vs. Aliens" was showing in ten minutes, so I got on line to get a ticket and saw that movie. The movie "Wolverine" was okay, not great, or good, but it was entertaining. Once again, it seemed to be made by someone who had no idea what the comic was like and kind of made things up as he (or she) went along). They threw everything in but the kitchen sink to provide a back story. I liked "Monsters vs. Aliens" much, much more. The "Monsters" movie was very entertaining, I laughed several times throughout the movie. I also enjoyed the 3D aspect of the "Monsters" movie. In total, I spent about $40 on my movie day:

Movie ticket (Wolverine) $12.50
Movie ticket (Monster vs. Aliens - 3D) $16.50
Hot Dog (plain) & small popcorn - about $8.00

After the movies, I went to Barnes & Nobles. I liked the start of Star Trek:Titan. So, on another impulse buy, I bought a few books in the series. I wanted some filler for breaks between the Sword of Truth series.

Star Trek Titan - The Red King
Star Trek Titan - Orion's Hounds
Star Trek Titan - Sword of Damocles
Star Trek Titan - Over a Torrent Sea
H.G. Wells Anthology - The Time Machine and The Invisible Man*


Another attempt to raise my literary scope

I left B&N $38.92 poorer. After B & N, I went to visit my foster father. Now, I have to get ready for tomorrow.


Post Date - Sunday, May 3, 2009 9:43PM

No comments: