Sunday, May 10, 2009

Intrepid


Weekend is just about over. I will try to keep this entry brief, since there are several things I should be doing instead.



Monday, May 4th
Exhausted the night before.
Up at 3AM for email complaint, and never went back to sleep.
Went to boxing gym to sign up. I was told that $160 would get me two days per week boxing lessons. I told the owner that I would take the Tuesdays and Thursday classes. I will have to fill in Mon, Wed., and Fri. with some other workout routine.

Tuesday, May 5th
Another late night/early day with 3 or 4 hours of sleep.
Disruptive kid continued his rein. Told by guidance counselor that one of my students "talker" ran about 3 blocks home out of fear of a group of girls in my class that were bothering her. They were made to apologize, with the parents brought in to "talk'. Later, I found out "talker" walked home by herself. There are details I'm leaving out. I left the building at 8:30PM tired. I did not go to the gym even though I dragged my full granny cart and my gym bag to school.

Wednesday, May 6th
Minutes before our class was due to leave the building for a trip to the Aquarium, AP1 had me meet with the parent of "talker" and one of the girls "taunting her. Since that "running" incident, talker seems to be the cat with the canary. On the trip, she had about two arguments and wandered off twice. Since I'm normally in hawk mode, I saw the wandering before it became anything major. The trip day turned okay. I could have been out of the building early for me (4PM), but after talking with colleagues about an hour standing, I ended up leaving about 5PM. I had Chinese takeout and fell asleep minutes after eating and woke up about 11PM. I didn't go to bed until 4:30AM.

Thursday, May 7th
I don't remember.

Friday, May 8th
My principal had some extra tickets to the Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum and asked if I wanted to go. The trip involved using the subways along with a 20 minute walk. However, walking doesn't bother me, so I was eager to say yes. I was lucky to have a couple of parents come along. One parent was "Talker's" mom. Lately, Talker has been acting like a wandering cat with a canary, so I needed her mother to deal with her. Up until the "running" incident, she had been an extremely talkative (but very nice) girl. Now, she still nice, but now I'm seeing a bit of a malevolent edge that I had not seen before. I was out of the building about 8:30PM.

Oh, I took some photos of the trip. I will upload them at a later date. The attached photo is one taken from the internet. I did not take the attached photo. So, how was the Intrepid Museum? I liked it, but since I was in teacher mode, I couldn't enjoy it. I'll have to return on my own (without the kids).

Saturday, May 9th
Sleep, shower, sleep. Later I finally got out of bed to do my laundry (four loads). I also began to do some lesson planning.

Sunday, May 10th Mother's Day
Again, sleep, shower, and more sleep. Since it was Mother's Day, I had to get up and out. My plan was to make a quick run to pick up a last minute gift for my foster father's lady friend. I decided to get her a prepaid cell phone like the one I have. I tried to get a Mother's Day card, but the shelves were picked clean. I mean there was nothing. Nothing!!! I grabbed a gift bag, and matching tissue paper and a matching ribbon. The color coordinating made the gift look a bit less last minute. No problem other than minor annoyances. In one store, the clerk, opened the plastic case, telling me that he had to do it because it was company policy. I told him that nobody wanted a gift that was already opened. The next stores was invisible me. After a clerk came to me and asked what I interested in, he then proceeded to forget about me in favor of a woman in clothes much too tight wearing too much makeup. Then, he moved on to a guy in the aisle. Only after a guy who might have been the manager came out of the back and got me the phone did the clerk say, oh, I forgot about you. Even though I was standing in the middle of the small shop. I think I might have gotten better surface if I were a woman or spoke Spanish. Then again, it could have just been my imagination.

Well, I better go. Hopefully, I will have a better week.


Post Date - Sunday, May 10, 2009 10:11PM

No comments: