Thursday, December 30, 2010

And it is also a paperweight...

Imitation ipad Update.

I ended up turning on the device last night.  I was pleased that it worked.  I looked more closely at the directions and was not pleased.  The fonts are waaay too tiny. A large portion of the diagrams and the text are written in Chinese.  The text is LOADED with grammatical errors.  Either the text was sent through an automatic free online translation program, or the directions were translated by someone who hasn't quite mastered the English language yet.  First time, I've ever had a manual be virtually useless.  It doesn't so much gives steps as it tells you what the device can do.  The touch screen is nice and very responsive.  I was disappointed that the accessories didn't seem to work.  I thought if I couldn't get onto the internet with the device, I could just transfer programs through the USB cord.  Nope.  I thought I could use the adapter for the micro SD card so I could use my memory card reader.  Nope.  The adapter is too big.  It does fit in the reader, but it pushes the lock tab into the locked position, so nothing can be added.  I'll have to wait until I can take it somewhere there is wifi connection.  Right now, it is just a fancy paperweight. 

No comments: