Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I've Got Steam!!!

Today I stayed in waiting for the apartment maintenance work to arrive.  I had a leak in my living room radiator that was leaking out about a pint of water per day over the Christmas holiday weekend.  I was a bit worried that after I made the report, the leaking stopped, but the guy arrived and recognized the leak and fixed it fairly quickly.  I also reported the leak under the kitchen sink, also appears fixed.  So far, the living room radiator seems to be giving off much better heat then it has in a long time.  Now, I just hear the steady sound of steam rather than the clank, clank sound of pipes rattling.

Oh, and my imitation ipad arrived this evening.  Not what I was expecting.  Apparently, there are several imitation brands.  I didn't get the one I signed for.  The one I got looks more like the ipad.  The one I ordered had the imitation logo on the front.  I was happy with that.  Unfortunately, my Apad arrived with an inspection label with the message, "Do not return to place of purchase after Seal is Broken".  Problem? The seal was broken!  That's a warning, but then I knew it was a roll of the dice when I ordered the imitation ipad.  The reviews were 50/50 positive/negative.  So how does it work?  I have no idea.  The directions state that the Apad should be charged for 10 hours before its initial use (and 10 hours for the second use, and 5 hours of charging time afterwards).  I'm guessing (or hoping?!?) that some of the negative comments might have come from those individuals not following the directions (or even bothering to read the directions).  Any other comments?  It is possible that this "toy" might be too advance for someone of my limited intelligence.  The directions were giving me a headache.  Oh, and this imitation might be a touch screen meaning no stylus needed.  However, I'll keep the stylus.  Once the newness wears off, I'll probably want to use the stylus to keep the finger prints off.  Well, I think that's about it.  I'll see how it works tomorrow.  This blog entry will be revised at some later date.

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

Great, now I'm going to be humming "Steam Heat" from the musical "The Pajama Game" for the rest of the afternoon. ;)

Hey, would you drop over and read the comment thread on this post
http://apaperbackwriter.blogspot.com/2010/12/little-academic-team-humor.html
and give us your feedback? Your input is desired about security measures in a big city school.
Thanks. :)

A Paperback Writer said...

Thanks!