Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Holiday!

Happy holiday to all.  Hopefully, Santa was generous to you all.  I know he was here in NYC.  I spent about $300 on gifts of others.  What did I get?  Two ties from one of my students.  Yep, that's it.  Luckily, Christmas is suppose to be more than the gifts.  They say it is better to give than to receive.  I certainly hope that's true.  If Christmas was just about the gifts, I would be royally pissed.  Oh by the way, I actually like the ties.

Since I knew I wasn't getting much, I decided to treat myself to a couple of gifts.  I had planned to spend $600 from a Christmas Club account I had.  Unfortunately, I accidentally spent that money on bills.  Feeling the need to treat myself, I did a bit of online shopping.  My things didn't arrive on Christmas, but that didn't bother me.  So, what did Santa bring me? 

Stay tuned....

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Sorry to hear about your lack of loot this holiday season, but as you said, it's about more than that. I'm glad you got to treat yourself a bit--I think that would be the way to do it, actually! At least you're guaranteed to get what you like! :)