Monday, December 27, 2010

What Were They Thinking?

Just a quick blog entry.  Just a couple of quick observations under the title of "What Were They Thinking?"

* In the middle of a blizzard this woman stops me to ask if the bus stops at the bus stop I was walking past.  I told her that I know for sure that the bus she wanted stops a block back or a block ahead, but I wasn't sure about the stop we were standing at.  I also told her that a good indication is that if the number of the bus isn't on the bus sign then it probably doesn't stop there.  She told me that she didn't want to walk back a city block and didn't walk to walk a city block ahead.  I keep walking.

* Out of the store, a couple of teenagers walked out.  One of them decided to walk into the middle of a main boulevard to dance and lay down making snow angels.

* A procrastinator who knew that a snowstorm was coming kept putting off going to the grocery storm until the storm actual starts.  Since he had no food, he had no choice but to finally go.

Happy Holiday!

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Ha! Well, at least the last-minute shopper had a store free of lines to shop in! Too bad the shelves were probably gutted!

Jannx said...

No, not really. The store had its regular crowd. Nearly every aisle had the obligatory shopping cart park in the middle of the aisle. God forbid that someone should think that others will be traveling through the aisle.

Here in NYC, I don't think I experience "gutted shelves". Stores tend to be very well stocked. A few items might be "out of stock", but other than that, I rarely have difficulty getting the things I need.