Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Day two of the screw over...I think. I am feeling a little better about my "encounter" with the AP. Today I decided that I would speak to the other AP just to see if my "vibe" was different. I also talked to a couple of other teachers. Basically, I was told (from the other teachers) that this is the time of (school) year when principals play the chess game of maneuverability. Who can they move and why? I was told that the class assignments would be given out June 15th (Friday). So I am not going to stress myself until then.

Just for the heck of it, I went to speak to the other AP. Again, I wanted the vibe check. Yes, I am Mr. Stress. First she asked me what kind of vibe I got from the encounter with the other AP. Then she said that she had no idea about next year's placements. She even gave the example of how "someone might be listed as second grade teacher one day, but then the principal has the habit of changing her mind at the last minute". Hmmm...should I be reading something between the lines.

So, what vibe did I get? I suspect this morning, when I met this AP in the stairwell, and told her of my "strange conversation" with the other AP -- we did not have time to talk. I suspect she went down to the main office to speak with the other AP. I think the use of term "strange conversation" gave the right impression that I probably would not be happy being pulled out of the classroom. I'm sure Admin. wouldn't lose a day's sleep if I left. However, I do believe that they are very happy with my work ethic, and professionalism.

That drama's over for the moment. Oh, and today, I had a visit from the new Math Coach (the other Math Coach got fed up and left...I was told). The Math Coach came to look at the students' portfolio. Basically, the same ol same ol nonsense. The left hand seeming to not know what the right hand is doing. Each hand operating at different points on the spectrum. He gave me a list of things that needed to be included in the "math section", any questions I had about the other sections, I received the usual response, "I am not responsible for that section". Oh, and the things that needed to be included...he only had three out of the ten things that were needed. I'm working in a kingdom of fiefdoms. How were the kids? Hyper! I tried to leave the building close to 4 like yesterday, but I fell into old habits. I left today at 4:50. I ended up missing the 5:16 train to Yonkers, so I had to take the 6:03. If I had left school a minute earlier, I would have gotten the train that was at 125th street station when I arrived at the turnstile, but I could not (would not) run up the stairs with my shopping cart.

Since I had about 30 minutes to kill, I decided to eat dinner at Subway's. I had the 6in. hot pastrami sandwich. and a cranberry/raspberry juice. I then when shopping for some oatmeal cookies. I had a taste for hot oatmeal cookies dipped in apple sauce. I also stopped at the 99 cents store to buy some rolls of paper towels.

Oh, before I go, I forgot to mention a couple of things. My weekend was the same as previous weekends. Lots of sleep. It is even a bit of a blur, because I slept most of it away. One bright spot of my weekend was an e-mail exchange I had with the author of the book Dragon Champion. On an impulse, I sent an e-mail to the author. I was surprised when the author responded to my e-mail. I finished reading the book on Sunday. I enjoyed the book. I thought there was only one book out at this time, but it turns out there are two other books in the series, "Dragon Avenger" and "Dragon Outcast". I am looking forward to reading each book. After I finish reading Red Lightening and The Sword of Shannara, I will get both dragon books. I also want to read the final part of the Inkspell trilogy. And of course...Harry Potter!!!! The book that started me reading for enjoyment.

Oh, I almost forgot. The author of Dragon Champion (E. E. Knight) has a web site. His web site is vampjac.com.

Well, it is getting late. Until next time...

Post Date - Wednesday, May 23, 2007 3:18am.

No comments: