Monday, May 28, 2007

Well, the three-day weekend has come to a close. I guess my day started at 4pm. Yes, I did write 4 in the afternoon. Basically, it was another day of sleeping and surfing. I chatted with someone from India. It is amazing. Computers make the world seem much smaller.

Today, at 4pm, I finally dragged myself out of bed for good. Actually, I was just napping. My day probably started about 10am. I got up, checked e-mail, chatted online, ate breakfast (cold cereal), showered, cleaned the bathtub and the toilet. For lunch, I had low-sodium Campbell's Chunky Soup, and a couple of slices of wheat toast. Then, it was back to sleep for me. About 4:30pm, I went to the laundromat (basically, a room with a few machines in one of the building in the housing complex I live in...easy commute). After doing my laundry, I did something I had not done in a very, very long time. I ironed my work clothes (4 white shirts and 2 black slacks) for the whole week. It may not sound like much, but for me, it is a big deal. I can sometimes manage to iron my clothes for the next day only...sometimes. However, it is rare for me to do it for the whole week. I'm one of those people who likes the very sharp-starchy look to my white shirts. Usually, I am rushing around in the morning doing the ironing. After ironing, I ate leftover chicken for dinner, with precooked brown rice in a microwavable cup. I then did my lesson plans for tomorrow, and I typed up my weekly homework sheet for my students.

I had to order more paper on Friday. Actually, I placed an order with Staples on Wednesday, the ink in my copier is low again (another $88). After the order arrived at school, I realized that I had forgotten to order paper. This time around, I only ordered a half a case of paper. That half case will have to last me. That copy machine is putting me into the poor house.

It is now about 10pm. after I post this blog entry, I'll pack my shopping cart and leave it by the door, shower and call it a night.

Post Date - Sunday, May 28, 2007 10:07pm

No comments: