Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Monday, March 17th
Field trip to see a mini opera/dance performance at a local high school. Also, I received a new student today. Already my new student showed that she would "fit right in" with my other personalities. I assigned a photocopied reading assignment from a 3rd grade reproducible workbook, but she said that she couldn't read it. What bothered me was that the new student could not read the assignment, but was able to converse with those around her with absolute ease.

About the performance. It was nice, but way over my head. I did not understand most of what was going on.

Planned to leave the building at 4PM, but Teacher's Choice paperwork was due. NYC teachers in public schools receive $260 near the beginning of the school year to spend on classroom related materials. Then, around this time, we have to submit proof of materials purchased in the form of actual receipts. The total must equal the voucher allocation($260). Of the receipts I submitted, the total came to $726.93. Since we are (technically) required to bring (and keep) the listed materials in school, I did not include anything that I wanted to keep (or would be leaving with me when it came time to move on), so my submitted total was $487.60. Now, if I included the online orders, and the recent purchases, then I would have had to add another $200 dollars(approx.) to the total. If I included the expenses (this school year to date) for my personal copier, then I would have to add another $400 to the total. Oh, and if I included the miscellaneous (rewards, snacks etc...) tack on another $100 to date. The Grand total "out of pocket expenses" (to date) is about $1,140.

After finishing the paperwork and putting my classroom in order, I was out of the building about 5:30PM. I arrived home about 6:40PM. I had a Weight Watcher's meal, and then fell asleep on the couch. I woke up about 1AM to do my lesson planning, and then I remembered that teachers were suppose to submit a pacing calender for the month of March. Yes, we were told in the middle of March to create a pacing calendar for the month of March. I needed a break from thinking about school work, so I checked my email and did this blog entry. Now, I will type up my pacing calendar. My part of the 3rd grade curriculum was the Social Studies. However, I added the Science as well. I should be finished by 4AM.*

* However, I didn't finish until 5AM.


Completion Date - Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:10AM
Post Date - Friday, April 25, 2008 11:46AM

No comments: