Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Annoying high schoolers on the morning train (loud talkers). Once the young lady gets on the train, the loud conversation starts (usually about how they hate such and such class). Once I got off the train, I saw a Metro card drop. Since the guy had headphones on, he could not hear me calling him, so I ended up walking back up to the platform where I finally caught up to the guy. After I returned the dropped Metro Card, then while walking down the stairs, I saw an elderly lady struggling with her own granny cart. I left my granny cart to help the elderly woman carry her granny cart up the stairs to the platform. I wish my cart was that light. The way the lady was struggling, I thought hers weighted as much as mine.

Back in school. Princess Beady returned...eager to play. Even Cackler commented how quiet it was with Princess out.

The day was fairly nice. The kids seemed to have been fairly mellow for most of the day. After the literacy block, classes returned to the auditorium for the Day 2 of the Black History assemby. There was finally an outdoor recess for the kids. All in all, it was a pleasant day. Although, by the last thirty minutes, the kids did turn hyper, but for the most part it was a pleasant day.

Faculty meeting after school. Although I wanted to be out of the building early, I spent about 45 minutes covering up the walls. Tomorrow is the the New York State Exams(Day 1 - multiple choice math questions). On Wednesday, we have the Day 2 part of the test(open-ended questions, and extended responses).

I was out of the building about 6:30PM. The subway train was behind schedule, I waited on the platform for 15 or 20 minutes. Oh, while on the train, my doctor got on a few stops later. For me it was strange seeing my doctor on the train. I always thought doctors could afford to drive around. He stood right next to me, but other than saying hello, he did not say anything, or even look my way. It was also strange seeing the doctor running(jaywalking)across the busy street just to catch the MN train. He also took the Metro North going North.


I just did a google search. I was planning to get a street view of the Bronx Station area, but instead I was taken to the Google "Bird's eye view". Cool!!! I was able to see a bird's eye view of the area. From what I could see, I think Google has thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of satellite photos. Or, Google hires people to drive around and take digital photos of various areas, and then upload the photos. Depending on the angle you want, you will receive photos that are different ages. For example, just looking at the Marble Hill area of the Bronx, different angles of bird's eye view, I could see some photos that were older than others. Looking south would only show photos of the area from a year (or two) ago, where the area was just a very large construction site. Cool. I attached a photo of the Bronx station area. On the right side is the train station steps and the Target Store complex.

Much more than I was planning to write. Quick summary. It is now 3:54AM.

I was just going to write that I took the MN train to Yonkers and got off the train to go to the bank. Since I had about 2O minutes, I decided to go to the grocery store for milk and orange juice. My cart was full yesterday, so I could not go. Anyway, I finish shopping and was hurrying to catch the next train. However, I was about 2 minutes too slow. I missed the train, which meant another 30 minute wait. Luckily for me, the Yonker's station has a waiting area inside the station. In the end, I arrived home about 8:40PM. I had leftovers for dinner (sweet and sour chicken). Then, I prompt fell asleep on the couch. I woke up about 2AM.


Post Date - Sunday, March 16, 2008 2:31PM

No comments: