Monday, March 03, 2008


Sunday, March 02nd.
Decided to go shopping at the teacher's store in Brooklyn.
MN train at 1:30PM. This time, I rode the MN train all the way to 42nd street.
I started reading DS9 - Twist of Faith on the train, I also tried out my new electronic dictionary, so far, I am enjoying both.
In Grand Central Station transferred to the #2 train.
About 45 minutes in the teacher's store.($76)

(2)word search books for rainy day lunchtime activities.
Reproducible book of famous American Women(grades 3-5). Each entry has two reading leveled entries.
Bulletin Board lettering, border, and paper for my next bulletin board.
paints & misc. art supplies.

About 4PM, I left the store and went to Wendy's restaurant. I like their burgers. I had the 1/2 lbs. burger meal(medium-sized). Strange how the medium size now looks like what used to be called the large. I think the drink was a 32oz. From downtown Brooklyn, I headed to the Bronx. I went to Target Store to buy a few items(Weight Watcher meals, face scrub, snack (for the class) etc... Why is it that store never seems to have baskets available. Oh right, to force you to use a shopping cart, hoping you would spend more. Today, Target was fairly crowded(with no shopping carts available). I rarely use the cart anyway. I told myself that one of these days, I would buy a large (see-through) tote bag to use.

From the Bronx, I headed home. I arrived about 6PM. While my clothes were washing, I cleaned up my bedroom. I washed down all the top surface areas to remove the dirt, dust, and (probable) dust mites. I removed all of the lite objects off the floor. Then, I swept and mopped the floor. Since all (of 2 working) dryers were in use, I had to hang up my clothes in my apartment. Usually I only hang up my dress clothes for work. I find manual air-drying makes the clothes last longer.

After I finished my bedroom. I decided to try to make the sweet and sour chicken meal on the box of Minute Rice. I followed the directions, but my rice looked nothing like the picture on the box. It came out okay, not great, but okay. Next time I will have to tweak the recipe a bit. After eating, I was about to do some lesson planning and my homework sheet, but I feel asleep. I woke up about 2AM, and well, here I am.

I attached a photo of my dinner attempt. You can see I am still using disposable plates and cups to cut down on a sink full of dirty dishes.


Post Date - Saturday, March 15, 2008 11:10AM

No comments: