Tuesday, June 23, 2009

TV converter

I have a couple of entries in my draft folder, but I don't feel like going back at the moment. I just finished writing about my TV converter experience, so I thought that would make a short blog entry.

I'm having no luck with the government couponed TV converter. This second converter is worse than the first. I guess it is true, I got what I paid for. I bought the converter from Target. I thought the first one was broken and exchanged it. Well, the second is worse than the first. I went from 23 channels with the other converter to 16 with my current converter. I still can't get channel 7 or 21, but I can get useless copies of other channels. Channels 5 and 9 are owned by the same company. Why don't they just create one channel and be done with it. Also, instead of dealing with snow on the screen, now I have frozen images, skipped images, and digital blocking showing on the screen when the signal fluctuates(which is frequent).



Although it is the last week of school, I've put in a last minute academic push for my students. As a general rule, I always try to maintain "academic rigor" until the last minute. I want to avoid the students bouncing of the walls until the very last minute. Having told myself that I wouldn't be investing any more time in preparation fell on deaf ears. I'm currently reading two books at the same time -- it's my lame attempt at differentiated instruction for different student levels in my classroom. I felt bad that I had a few students who probably would have done a lot better academically if I hadn't shoved them into a "one model fits all" academic plan. The positive of reading the two books is that I'm enjoying the kid books more than my current commuter reading (The Invisible Man). Also, I now have a couple of books to reuse again next year to assign for reading.

I better go. Another wasted evening. From the posting time, you can see the same old routines written about in past entries.


Post Date - Tuesday, June 23, 2009 5:09 AM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

What book are you reading with the kids?

Jannx said...

Jigsaw Jones The Case of the Snowboarding Superstar by James Preller

And, Cam Jansen and the Summer Camp Mysteries: A Super Special (Paperback)by David A. Adler