Sunday, August 01, 2010

Maritime Aquarium


Hello All. I'm tired. I didn't finish the captions for the new photos, so I'll have to do the slideshow another time. To save time, I'm going to cut and paste the my review of the event.

I forgot to mention that this isn't the NYC aquarium but the one in Norwalk, CT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A whole day isn't needed to see the aquarium, but with all of the exhibits (except for the very small African Penguins) in an airconditioned facility, it was a very nice experience. I didn't feel like I had to rush to "see as much as I could". It was nice stooling through the aquarium. The Metro-North ($24) ticket covered the admission into the aquarium(included the Classic IMAX show but not the 3D ride). I paid for the 3D ride, it was nice, but not worth $5.50. I was surprise at the $11 ticket price for the Shrek IMAX movie. All in all, it was a nice experience. The train ride at 47 minutes each way was also nice. I wouldn't mind going back again next summer. However (having seen everything), it won't be an all-day event. The NYC aquarium can be done in 30 minutes. This aquarium can be done in about 2~3 hours.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

That sounds like a really nice aquarium! I can get lost watching fish swim--the way they move is really cool.

Jannx said...

Yes, it was a nice aquarium. I will try to have the captions for the photos I took finished this evening.