Sunday, August 08, 2010

Brunch & Another Black Bag

Today, I went to a brunch organized by another social networking group. The brunch started at 11:30AM. It was nice. However, the organizer wants to charge $20 for membership to the group. One of the assistant organizers (who doesn't want the group to charge a fee) invited me. Although they were a nice group, I don't want to pay $20 to join a group, that I might not participate in very often. Besides, I have 3 groups of my own.

After the brunch, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do, so I walked around the area a bit. On an impulse, I bought yet another little black bag(see attached photo). I liked it because it it small and has several small pockets. Right now, my messenger bag doesn't have a pocket for my cell phone, so it is kept in the main section, but when it rings, I have to stop, dig, and search for the phone. Doctor Oz mentioned on his TV show that men shouldn't kept their cell phones on their waist to limit the radiation. That's only a minor reason for me, mainly I don't feel comfortable with it out. I worry about it getting stolen, but mainly I worry about losing it.

After walking around 14th street, I decided to walk down to the Staten Island Ferry Terminal at the tip of Manhattan Island (about 3 miles according to Google Maps). I took the bus back uptown.

Post Date - Sunday, August 8, 2010 10:26PM

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Where does Dr. Oz think you should carry your cell phone, out of curiosity?

Jannx said...

Hello Jeff. Doctor Oz was discussing fertility in men and how the radiation from cell phones might contribute to low sperm count. He made the comment right before a commercial break, but like so many of those TV experts, he was quick with the suggestion without the realistic follow-through or follow-up.