Monday, August 30, 2010

Preparation - Day 1

I'll have to keep this short.  I want to be in bed by 11PM.  So, how did I do with my "To Do" List?  Not very good.  In hindsight, I wasn't realistic.  In the past, the last minute rush usually involved me returning the following day (and in some instances, that day is a Saturday).  So although, I didn't do too well with my list, I'm pleased with what I accomplished:

Day 1 - Results:
I managed to arrived at 7:40AM; I was unpacking by 8AM. 

1. Unpack all necessary boxes (about 18 of them) - I unpacked about half.
2. Arrange classroom furniture - 90% Completed
3. Set up classroom library - 90% ompleted
4. Set up (and fill up) the brand new shelving units - Set Up Completed, shelving 40% Completed
5. Set up classroom computers - Not Done
6. Change bulletin board paper - Not Done

Well, that was Day 1.  I returned home about 6:30PM.  I then had to do my laundry.  I also made sure to soak in the tub for about a half an hour.  I didn't want to wake up tomorrow morning stiff and too tired to be at school by 8AM.

Well, I'm going to try calling it a night early (for me), so that I can have another productive day.  I should be  able to finish  the unpacking and classroom setup tomorrow.  That would give me three days for planning(long-term), and one day for prep work(short-term).

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Hey, sounds like a great day! I love it when I can see visibly a difference in what I started out with and what I ended up with--hopefully for the better!

Jannx said...

I agree. I also enjoy seeing a visible difference.

However, I also get annoyed when the visible difference gets lost. One minute my room looks like it is just about done, and this a couple of boxes, and minor changes makes the room look like a tornado came through.