Monday, August 09, 2010

Salem's Lot

Well, today was a bust. I wanted to clean my apartment so that I can unpack the exercise bike and resume my (modified) liquid diet. Unfortunately, I didn't do much today. I finished reading the last one-third of the Stephen King book "Salem's Lot". It was long, it gave a lot of details that bored me. It also took a very long time to get started. The strange thing is that the book wasn't in any way shape or form scary. It was interesting, and it did hold my attention. However, a part of me wonders if I would have finished reading the book if I wasn't on vacation. Instead of a roller coaster ride that "The Da Vinci Code" seemed to me. Although the "Lot" book was written nicely. I got the impression of it being more of a slow drag that started and stopped along the way. Now (before I invest in "Under the Dome"), I want to read "Misery". I'll read that book when school resumes. I want to see if I can get through it when I don't have a lot of free time on my hands. That's another book that is suppose to be scary, and the movie definitely leaves that impression.

Anyway,now that I've finished the book, I'm going to watch the 1979 movie on YouTube. There was also a 2004 movie, but my online search has told me that main parts have been changed.

My next summer read will be the novelization of the DC comic series "Infinite Crisis".

Post Date - Monday, August 9, 2010 6:00PM

No comments: