Sunday, August 23, 2009

Salt Lake City - Day 4

Sunday, July 26th



My adventure started about 10:15AM. I retraced my travel route from yesterday, so that I would be sure to find the places I found yesterday by accident. I took the Trax to Fort Douglas. Unfortunately, the Fort was closed.

Next stop was the Red Butte Garden (again, Butte with a long "u"). The Red Butte Garden was a bit of a hike, but well worth it. The garden is locate slightly up the side of a mountain. It was a very nice garden. I liked the layout; just by following the paths, you can go through the whole garden without any difficulty. That's good for people like me who can get lost walking in a straight line.

After the garden, I went to the Hogle Zoo and spent about 2 1/2 hours there. The zoo was small, but it was nice.

After the zoo, I walked back to the hostel again (1 1/2 hour walk). I had dinner at KFC and called it a night.

I'll put together a slideshow of my pictures another time.

To keep with my personal photo maximum of 25 for a slideshow, I am posting two photos that I deleted from my Red Butte Garden file to stay within the 25 max limit. Since my Hogle Zoo file has less photos, I didn't post any with this blog entry.


Post Date - Sunday, July 23, 2009 10:38PM

2 comments:

A Paperback Writer said...

It's called Red Butte Garden -- look at the sign in your top picture.
Great place. I have a membership there. They specialize in local plants, stuff that is xeriscaped and thrives in the desert. I'm glad you got to see it.

Jannx said...

Yep, it is Red Butte Garden. Strange, I even inserted "Red" into my notes at some point. I must have been a bit too hung up on the pronounciation of "Butte" and overlooked the Red in my blog entries. I'll make the corrects momentarily.