Thursday, June 01, 2006

June 1, 2006

A quick entry about my return. Let’s see if I can really keep this brief.

My day:

7 minute walk (uphill) to the train station.
12 minute train ride standing up.
another 7 minute walk (uphill) from the train station to the school.
The weather was about 80 degrees. I was sweating like a roasting pig over a fire.
The office was deserted. I was given my assignment about 5 minutes before I had to go to the classroom. At this school, the kids are sent up to the classes at 8am (it is like the running of the bulls).
The class I was assigned was one with a good reputation in the school.
The lunch period was changed (but no announcement was made), so there was some confusion at lunchtime.

Relatively speaking, I had a good day. The class was nice (relatively speaking). The math coach came in to do an assessment check, so I was able to sit for a couple of periods. My preparation period was right after lunch -- I graded the assignment I’d given earlier. The class also had a computer period last period.

I wrote a brief report for the regular teacher and I was out of the building by 3:30. Once in my shoebox, I rowed on my rowing machine for about a ¼ of a mile. None of my neighbors were home this whole evening. My day was a nice day (relatively speaking).

No comments: