Monday, June 26, 2006

June 26, 2006
Cleaning up and packing up. Today, all of the teachers were present, so the administration really did not have anything for me to do. While I was trying to check on the status of my teaching license (more details in a moment), the classroom teacher was complaining about having a lot of packing to do. I was using a classroom teacher’s computer. I volunteered to help her pack. I am one of those people who feels more comfortable (at work) doing something than sitting around doing nothing. I spent the day help the teacher take things off the walls and pack. I could spend an hour writing about poor organization, but I won’t. It is getting late. For helping her, the teacher invited me to her class’ pizza party. She even gave me the leftover pizza, so instead of dinner, I finished off the reminder of the leftover pizza.

Back at my shoebox, did anyone take out the trash? No, it is still sitting there with the note taped above it.

I almost forgot about the status of my teaching license. I tried calling (after I failed several attempts on the internet) only to by put in a strange cycle of none answer. Basically (trying to keep this blog entry short), when I did not get a busy signal, would reach automatic recording. The recording gave me 4 options before I reached the 5th (to speak to a representative), it would then switch me to another recording which said that all reps. were busy and that I could either push #1 to reply the previous recording (or I got a busy signal). The recording gave me 3 seconds to choose #1 or the call would be disconnected. Being the stubborn person that I am, I tried to keep calling the number hoping I would get through, if I heard the recording, I would quickly hang up and dial again. Occasionally, I would seem to get through. The phone would ring about 7 or 8 times, then a silent pause, then the recording would come on.

Post Date - Monday, July 10, 2006 12:18pm