Sunday, June 18, 2006

June 18, 2006
Happy Father’s Day to the fathers of the world! Not much to write about so this entry should be short. On Thursday and Friday, I was given the same pre-k class, which means my days were very nice and easy. Friday was an early dismissal day, I was out of the school by 2:30.

Yesterday was supposed to have been a very hot day (according to the weather reports), but it was only a little hot. However yesterday, the weather was still very nice. My neighbors (Screamer and her boyfriend) went somewhere at 7:00am – leaving a sloppy messy in the kitchen. And since Mr. 40+ has to work on Saturdays (and Sundays), I would have had the floor to myself. However, I went shopping for a Father’s Day present for my foster father. Originally, I was planning to buy a rice cooker (he eats rice almost everyday), but at the last minute, I settled on a motorized back massager. I went to the Mall in Jersey City. Speaking of the mall. Remember the problem I had with one of the turnstiles the last time I went. I don’t know if I mentioned this, but I ended up receiving a refund (for one free ride) in the mail. Unfortunately, I ended up letting the free pass expire before I used it, so I paid the full fare round-trip.

At the mall, I went to see the movie X-Men – The Last Stand. I liked the movie. I thought the movie was a little sloppy, in terms of parts of the plot and parts of the dialog (a little too soap opera-ish for me), but the special-effects made the movie more then worth it. There were very nice special effects.

After I returned to my shoebox, I went shopping for milk, juice and sherbet (I’ve really been fighting an urge to buy ice cream). After returning, I did 25 minutes on my rowing machine. I can now do a ¼ of a mile on my rowing machine. Not too long ago, I remember taking 45 minutes to do a ¼ of a mile. Next month, I am going to try doing 1/3 of a mile at level 3 (of 5 levels). Now, I am at level 4 (the second to the lowest setting).

Well, I think that is it for now. I will go to the Laundromat, and visit my foster father. Oh, I also am going to buy myself a small rice cooker. I don’t mind eating rice, but I am just lazy about cooking it. The rice cooker I am thinking about is a cheap ($14.95) no-name brand, so it might not work as good as the popular named brand that I was planning to buy for my foster father. It the rice cooker works even marginally well, then, I will be happy. I am sure home-cooked rice is much healthier than the rice in a box I’ve been buying.

Post Date - Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:58pm