Sunday, June 25, 2006

June 25, 2006
A wet wet, and greasy weekend. It has been raining on and off all weekend. I did not do much this week. I have been spending a lot of time doing instant messaging which has been cutting into my blogging time.

Today, I went to my foster father to pick up my mail. Considering where I live, I thought it was best to just continue to have my mail delivered there. Here at my shoebox, there is not a mailbox for each room. Originally this house (from the looks of it) was originally designed to have 3 separate apartments (one on each floor). There are only 3 door bells, and 3 mailboxes, one for each floor. Instead there are approximately 3 individual rooms per floor with about 8 to 10 tenants sharing three kitchens and baths. Sorry, I am getting sidetracked. Basically, I don’t think I’ve been getting all of my mail. On Monday, I will go to the post office and fill out a change of address card. I’ll just have to take my chances with my mail coming to my shoebox.

And how are things in the shoebox? Basically the same. On Friday, I returned to find the mop in the kitchen. Apparently, Screamer (or someone else) spilled grease on the floor and used a dry mop to clean it up, leaving the mop in the kitchen. Result? I (unknowingly) tracked the grease into my room, which explained why my house slippers were slipping and sliding (even on the rug in my room).

Earlier today(Sunday), after I returned from outside, I left my umbrella in the kitchen to dry – it dries faster if you leave it open. When I went to retrieve my umbrella and brought it into my room, I noticed what I thought were drops of water. It turns out more grease was spilt (my umbrella was not in the kitchen on Friday). There was a small puddle of greasy by the microwave in the kitchen. I don’t care how much the kitchen floor turns into an ice rink, I am not cleaning up the grease.

Earlier this evening when I stepped out of my cell/shoebox, I noticed Mr. 40+’s light was on. I know that his work hours are 2pm to 10pm, so I was a little concerned. I knocked on his door (his door was opened about 2 or 3 inches wide), but he did not answer. About 5 minutes later, Mr. 40+ turned on his television full-blast. I could tell from the volume that he was watching Mission Impossible (probably an illegal copy of the current movie [part 3]). I won’t know until Wednesday (his days off are Mondays and Tuesdays) if today was just a one time thing. Oh, I hope he has not lost his job. He likes to play his stereo very loud (along with a few of my other neighbors). Although, I have to admit at least he shows some restraint with his music. In a couple of days, I will be on a two month vacation, I am hoping for at least some peace and quiet.

And finally, the trash. I was about to take out the trash when I noticed that someone had yet again, put some kind of liquid in the trash. When I took the trash out of the trash bin, the trash bag started leaking. I put the bag back and wrote another note:

“Someone has put a liquid into the trash…again. A little help would be greatly appreciated.”

And I signed the letter. See the photo. I wonder how long it will take before someone takes out the trash, and when they do, will they clean out (or even dump out) to liquid that is at the bottom of the trash bin.

Well, until next time…

2 more days until vacation time.

Post Date - Monday, July 10, 2006 11:59am