Monday, June 05, 2006


Yesterday, I stayed home for most of the day. Unfortunately, so did my neighbors. I could not believe how loud people will play their music. I used to think that there was an etiquette to music playing; if one person is blasting his (or her) music, then another would wait before blasting his (or her) music, but that was not the case. Yesterday there were about 3 stereos going (at the same time) at full volume.

Today I went to check my mail at my foster father’s place. It would probably too difficult to change my address (not to mention probably not safe) to have all my mail come here to my shoebox. After picking up my mail, I went to the store to buy a stereo headset with microphone (see attached photo). I recently downloaded one of those computer programs that will allow me to make phone calls via the internet. I just tried the headset out, wow, it is great. The speakers on my cheap second-hand computer are low, but the headset sounded great. I have not tried the microphone yet, that will have to wait. The microphone was really what I was planning to buy for the purpose of making internet calls; it is suppose to be cheaper than making regular phone calls. I also bought a serving tray; I got tired of making multiple trips back and forth to the kitchen.

Oh, speaking of kitchen, the trash was finally taken out today. The pizza box and the jar of pasta sauce with the note attached were also taken (see previous blog entries for details about the note). Yesterday, I noticed that someone continued to fill up the trash even though the trash was already full; this annoyed me so much that I decided not to dump the trash (which seems to have been my job). I was annoyed that I buy the trash bags, separate the trash, and usually dump the trash, but my neighbors seem too lazy to even take out the trash. Yesterday, I left a clean trash bag by the trash can, I guess someone got the message. Since Mr. 40+ was already gone before the trash was dump, I’m guessing it was either Screamer or her boyfriend.

It is getting late. Tomorrow is a work day. I almost forgot, I have a couple of days off next week. There are two clerical workdays for the regular teachers. Since I am only a sub, my services are not required on those days. I am happy to have the days off now, but I won’t like it when payday comes.

Until next time…