Monday, April 23, 2007

Another attempt. And several firsts…in a long time. This needs to be brief. I am on a roll..(sort of). Last night (Sunday), was the first time in a very long time I went to bed around 11pm. Usually, I am stressing myself over the things I had not done, and not in bed until 1 or 2am.

Sunday, I was planning to go to my foster father’s place. However, I knew that would have been a 4 or 5 hour chunk out of my poorly planned day. At the last minute, I decided that I would just call. I also did not try to fight the disorganization. I just told myself that I would do what I could and not worry about all of the things I had wanted to do. I did lesson plans for the next day only, and the homework sheet for the week. I showered, and went to bed.
I was up about 5:30am. Another first (in a long time), I did not need the alarm clock to wake me. I was out of my apartment about 6:50. First time I walked to the train in a very long time. In the 7 months I’ve lived here in Yonkers, I believe I’ve only walked to the train 4 or 5 times.

Today, my students were supposed to begin their free swimming lessons, but no one seemed to know anything. I am going to pass on making comments about my work.

Oh, today it was confirmed that one of my students is about to be a brother….

….again….

for the 6th time.

Yes, you are reading correctly. This child…one of my wildest ones, is about to have another sibling…number six. I believe the ages are 7 (my current student), 6 (I had this one a few times last year as a sub – another wild one), 5 (I met this one this year – beginning to earn the wild one reputation of his older brothers), 3 (the only girl in the group), 2 (mentioned as “big brother" was counting his siblings), and the “baby” (only mentioned today, and “one on the way”. Is it wrong of me to think that there is something wrong with that. Seven kids is too much, when mom is struggling to control the ones she has already. From what I’ve been told (I am not good with recognizing ages), mom is in her late 20’s or early 30’s, dad is in his early to mid 40’s. I could go one with the “family” but I want to get started on continuing my streak. My life is not nearly as exciting but it is mine.

I was planning to leave the school at 4 but I managed to get out at 5pm. I returned home about 6:30. I missed the 5:36 Metro-North train, adding the extra 30 minutes to my commute. I ate dinner and now I am typing my blog entry. I am trying a new diet/exercising routine. Until June, I am going to try eating oatmeal, or cold cereal for dinner with a cup of hot green tea. I also want to row about 45 to an hour. I told myself that I would try losing 10 pounds per month, but April I did not do much but gain weight. I currently weigh about 200lbs. I also told myself that I would try not turning on the TV until the 10pm news (Monday thru Friday). Once the TV comes on, I become a zombie. Oh, I will turn on the TV just for my rowing exercises. I have about 10 to 15 DVDs that I have not watched yet. And my bedtime will be 11pm. Well, I had better end this before sleep starts to creep in.

No comments: