Sunday, April 29, 2007

My DSL is finally online. It has taken so much nonsense. Well, was it worth the wait? Hmmm...

I am not sure. Here I am online at 3:19am. I got online at midnight. You do the math.

Well, another weekend of lofty plans and ideas, but in the end, it was just the same ol nonsense. I got about of bed about 8:30 with the plan of doing lesson plans for 2 weeks. But some how time just slipped by. I did not even get on the computer until midnight. I knew if I got online, I would have wasted the day and did nothing. As it stands. I did manage to do most of my lesson plans (for next week only). Tomorrow, I will have to do 4 more lessons (two each for social studies and science). I will also need to do a homework sheet.

So how did my day go. I organized a few papers, read last week's unread newspapers, and took about a 2 hour nap. About 6pm, I made some spaghetti with turkey sausages. I also zapped some spinach in the microwave. At 9pm I was planning to watch PBS comedies "Are You Being Served", but the pledge drive was on. I should have turned off the TV, but I ended up watching "Marty"on channel 13. Marty was played by Ernest Borgnine. I think the movie was from the 1950's. The character was a 34 year old unmarried guy, who everyone wanted to get married, but once he found a young lady, then his mom and his best friend did not like her. It was interesting. Sometimes I like to watch old movies. When I was younger, I used to like to watch a PBS series. I think it was called "Evening at the Bijou", it showed very old B&W movies.

Well, it is very late. Before I go, a couple of quick bits...

I found 7 dollars in the middle of the street walking from the Metro-North train station. I held the money in my hands for a while. If someone had came up to me and asked if I'd found that money, I would have given it to that person. Yes, I am one of those people who returns found money (if it is possible).

Cut and Paste Update.
The mother of the "chill out" kid, came to class. She said that she wanted to embarass/scare him a little bit. I was pleased that a parent tried to at least go through the motion of having high moral standards for her child. However, one the child's eyes started to tear up, she quickly takes him to the hallway to comfort him. And since his behavior did not change the very next day, I knew the "show of fear" was a waste of time. Oh, the mother is trying to get her son -- Yes Mr. "Chill Out".

Oh, and another classroom commentary/observation. I found out another student in my class has 6 siblings. I thought I had some news worthy information to share with my colleague, but she was not shocked or surprised. She has a student who is one of 8.

Exercise.
I will try yet again on Monday to maintain an exercise routine. On Friday, one of the Lunch Ladies commented, "Oh, you put on weight". I was supposed to lose about 10lbs for the month, but I ended up gaining weight.

No comments: