Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Summary. I started the morning with a bowl of cold cereal and hot green tea. With the leftover boiling water, I made Jell-O. After searching and surfing the internet. I made an appointment for an eye exam. Last week some time, I feel asleep on my glasses. I tried to fix them, but my old glasses have a slight bend that won’t go away. Besides my glasses are about 6 years old. Lately, I’ve found myself squinting with them on, so it is time to replace them. I made the appointment for 4:30pm (same day) on a Sunday. Luv this internet.

I went to one of those national chains. After I arrived, I realized that it was the same place I had went to 6 years ago. How about that? A random selection turns out to be the same shop I went to 6 years ago. So, the approximate costs?

Frames - $99
Prescription lens - $100
Thin lens - $80*
Transition Lens - $80
* My eyesight is bad. Without the special thin lens, I would be wearing coke bottle eyeglasses.

Total - $363.00

I was told that my glasses would be ready in about a week.

After the eye appointment, I walked across the street. I was stopped and asked if I was interested in visiting a free art gallery in a former public toilet. I went. The artwork was priced at $200 to about $400. Mostly black & white photos. No, I did not buy anything.

Later, I went to my foster father’s place to pick up my mail. Since no one was home, I was in and out in a couple of minutes. Back home, I went food shopping (Tropicana, milk, frozen vegetables, Chunk’s low sodium soup, yogurt [sale 10 for $5.00], oatmeal cookies, and Parmalat [long shelf life milk]). I did my laundry. I managed to finish my lesson plans, and my Homework sheet. For dinner, I had leftovers. Oh, before I left for my appointment at the eye doctor, I cut my hair. My day turned out to be more productive than I thought.

Post Date - Saturday, May 5, 2007 6:28pm

No comments: