Saturday, April 07, 2007


Scouting About.
Yesterday I received an e-mail from the organizer of the walking group that I recently joined. She wrote that she would like to do the walking event that I suggested last week. So, I decided to do a pre-walk so that I would not get the group lost. I am not very good with direction, and I get lost very easily.

The suggestion.
I needed to do some scouting for a fieldtrip that I am planning for my class. I want to take my class to the NYC Transit Museum. Before I submit a request to my principal, I wanted to do a little bit of looking so that I would have some idea of what to expect. I thought that since I was going to the museum, I would add a little more to the outing to maybe make it a bit more interesting for the walking group. “Two Birds with one stone.” So, today’s blog entry is about the scouting walk.

I started the day being lazy. No surprised there. I decided that I really need to start doing something to get organized. I decided to do my laundry…I hate doing laundry! I decided that I would do my laundry before I went on the scouting. I was very pleased with myself. It may not seem like much to others, but for me it was major. Today was the first time (maybe ever) I’ve ever done my laundry early. Usually, I wait until the very last minute to do the laundry.

I rode the 12:30 Metro-North train to the Bronx. I stopped off at the Target store there. I wanted to buy the sequel to Inkheart (Inspell). From the Bronx, I continued on my scouting mission (all minutes are approximated):

Bronx to Canal street – 30 minutes
Across the Manhattan Bridge – 25 minutes
Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn Bridge (on the Brooklyn side) – 10 minutes
Post Office stop for stamps – 2 minutes
Bridges to Transit Museum – 10 minutes

When I arrived at the Transit Museum, I was surprised to see a line to get into the museum. I decided that I should not waste $5 for admission (adult price), I just asked the staff the approximate time to see the whole museum, and he told me about 45 minutes. On my way back, I decided to stop off at the teacher’s store. I ended up spending $48 dollars in the store. After the teacher’s store, I ate lunch in MacDonald’s. I ate a quarter-pounder without cheese, a Hi-C drink (no ice), medium fries, and 2 apple pies. After lunch, I continue on my scouting trip. I walked across the Brooklyn Bridge (about 30 minutes). I ended my scouting trip in City Hall Park. I visited my foster father and his lady friend. Since I missed the 8:10 Metro-North train, and I had about 30 minutes to kill, I decided to eat dinner. I order beef with broccoli from the local Chinese restaurant. I returned home about 9:22. I since I ate MacDonald’s and Chinese takeout, I decided to row on my rowing machine. I did about 50 minutes on my rowing machine. I watched my “Ultimate Avengers” DVD that helped to pass the time. I showered and now I am posting this blog.


Wt. = 194.0%lbs. BMI = 29.0%

Post Date – Friday, April 06, 2007 11:50pm

No comments: