Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Fast time. Slow Time. Long time. Time again. Today was probably time wasted. Today I was supposed to be Spring cleaning, but I wasted most of the day dealing with the internet. For Breakfast I had cold and hot cereal and hot green tea. I spent about 2 hours chatting on Skype because I was bored. About 11:30am, my plan was to go shopping. I thought I would go food shopping before I called Verizon again to find out about my DSL. I got my shopping cart (and my umbrella) walked out my apartment, and walked out my building. Right in front of my building was the Verizon van. I wanted to ignore it, but I ended up turning around and going back upstairs. I went upstairs and called Verizon to find out about my DSL. And…I am not kidding nor exaggerating, an hour later, I was told the problem was wrong with the connection inside my apartment. The connection in the living room was defective. The suggestion was that I should move my computer to the bedroom.

“Knowing” what the problem was, my next step was to move my laptop into the bedroom, and connect to the internet via my new DSL. Problem. I couldn’t connect.

So, back again on the phone. This time it took about 30 minutes to discover that the DSL box “must be defective” and must be returned. By the end, I was too tired to do anything. DSL is suppose to be fast and convenient, but so far, it has been anything but.

I knew tomorrow would be another all day wait-a-thon. So I decided to go food shopping, even though it was raining. I took the Metro-North train to Yonkers. I stopped off at the bank and then the post office (I needed to buy stamps). Would you believe the main Yonkers post office had about 10 to 12 people standing and waiting on line, with no stamp vending machine. The place looks like a museum. I took one look at the line, and walked out. After shopping, I returned home. I spent about $85 on food. I made a couple of sandwiches, and a bowl of Campbell’s Chunky soup(low sodium). I watched the Simpsons, Mama’s Family, did 40 minutes on my rowing machine, showered, and watched Doctor Who. I’ve enjoyed Doctor Who when it was on Public Television. I was very happy when Doctor Who was brought back, but since I don’t have cable, I could not watch it until now. I was happy to watch, it wasn’t that great, but it was fairly enjoyable. Now, I will post this and call it a night.

Wt. = 192.4lbs. BMI = 28.6%

Post Date – Wednesday, April 04, 2007 11:58pm

No comments: