Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Strike one! Today was supposed to have been the beginning of "getting things done", but old habits will die slow and hard. I woke up late, got on the computer...and did not do much else. About 1pm, I got in the bath and relaxed for almost an hour. After I got out, my plan was to start cleaning my apartment. However, on an impulse, I decided to check my e-mail knowing that there would be nothing there. Then I decided that since I was on the computer, I would call up Verizon to find out why I could not used the DSL that has been billed on my phone bill for the last couple of months, but I've been too lazy to call. Long story short. After about an hour, I was given an appointment for tomorrow (Tuesday) between...get this...7am (in the morning) and 8pm (yep, in the evening). It turns out, the tech support staff that I was speaking to was speaking to me from India. I thought that was very interesting. The guy said that he enjoyed working for Verizon because he got to speak to many wonderful customers. I had another idea, but I won't go there.After the DSL saga, I read a few pages from Dream-Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Yes, I finished Inkheart. I liked Inkheart. I was a bit annoyed by the silly ending plot point. If you've figured out a way to end the madness (locked away), then why was it necessary to go through the last chapter or so, with allowing the villian to keep you prisoner, and drag you to the stadium so you could undo the "spell". It was one of those silly plot points made only to build suspense, but you say to yourself, if you test the theory in the prison, isn't it stupid and risky to wait until the show in the stadium. Wasting time hiding the "secret". Unnecessarily being threaten. Unnecessarily worrying about is dad dead or alive. Being forced to change clothes etc...

About 5pm, I watched the evening news. I watched a double episode of Mama's Family. I watched a couple of WB comedies (Girlfriends and the Game). I started to watch the 10pm news, then before I knew it, I was asleep. I woke up about 2am, and now I am typing a blog entry.

Hopefully, tomorrow (now today), will be more productive. I really can't afford to waste this vacation.

Post date - Tuesday, April 3, 2007 2:28pm

No comments: