Monday, April 02, 2007

April 2, 2007

On Vacation! Well, my vacation is in full swing. So how did it start? What did I do? What are my plans? Not much on all counts. Saturday I slept. Sunday, I mostly slept. I told myself that I would not stress myself in the beginning. I've had two days to recuperate. Saturday. I watched TV, including the rest of the Team America DVD. It was still fairly stupid, but I could see the satire that they were trying to do. It was really stupid looking at dolls having sex. And the Humor was a bit heavy handed. For dinner, I made a couple of boiled eggs, and mixed the eggs with tuna fish. I had about 3 or four tuna fish sandwiches. Today (Sunday). My plan was to relax in the bathtub. I filled up the tub, but I never got in. More sleeping. I also continued reading my commuter book (the book I read on the train during my commute). I am almost finished reading Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. This is the first in a fantasy trilogy. I am enjoying this book much more than the first book I read by Ms. Funke Dragon Rider. That book was really for young kids...I think. This book (Inkheart) is for an older reader. Young adult most likely. At 534 pages, I don't think there are too many kids that would have the patience to read this book. On the cover there is a stamp that says "Soon to be a major motion picture!" This book is much darker than the other book. It tells the story of a father (and later his daughter) who both can read characters out of books they read. I am looking forward to reading the second book in the series...Inkspell. However, I've already bought another book about a deamer walker or something. I probably will start with that book. Anyway, Sunday was basically the same as Saturday. Nothing much going on. About 5pm, I decided that I would get an order of chicken wings and shrimp fried rice from the nearby takeout. I also told myself that I would buy my last pint of Haagen Daaz ice cream before I resume I exercising. My new goal is to lose about 10 pounds per month for the next 3 months. As you have probably figured out, I've fallen off the exercising wagon...again. Starting tomorrow, I will once again resume my rowing, and cutting back on my sweets. Also my goal is to get organized. I need to tackle the mountains of papers growing in my living room. My goal is to also do my lesson planning for the two weeks. I am hoping that since the week we return to school is a three day week (with Thursday being my easy only two period day), I should be able to plan for that short week, and the following full week. The goal is to have all the copies for the full week of school needed to be copied submited the day school resumes. That would mean I would be one week ahead. A large part of my stress comes from not being as organized as I would like to be. Back to Sunday. After returning with my dinner. I ate dinner, and read the Sunday paper. I watched the Animation block on Fox 5. I started watching the 10pm news, but fell asleep. That brings up another goal. I have to break myself out of the irregular sleeping habit I've created for myself. Falling asleep to the point of exhaustion, then waking up at 1 or 2am, only to fall back to sleep at three. By the posting time of this blog entry, you can see that I need to work on the sleep routine.

Well, it is late. Tomorrow, I will need to do something productive. The first thing will probably be to take the things out of my shopping cart. By things, I mean papers that need grading, textbooks for planning etc...Too many times, I've brought that shopping cart home full to the brim with the plan to "get organized, only to have the shopping cart sit by the door, unopened and unmoved until the night before school resumes. It is very depressing to drag that 20 or 25 pound cart all the way home (untouched), only to have to drag it all the way back to school. Hopefully, this vacation will be different....Oh, I hope so.

I am going to attach a photo of the pigsty I've lived in for the last couple of months. Hopefully, posting it will motivate me to clean and organized. As I told my e-pal (as hard as it was for him to believe), I really am a neat and organized person. I believe my living room is a reflection of my mental state...Hopefully, not a permenant state.

Post Date - Monday, April 2, 2007 3:22am

No comments: