Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Day 1 of the "Me Year". Quick summary. I hope so. Or at least a 30 minute summary.

Last night after spending about an hour cutting up the large cardboard box into 17 frames, I cut my hair, then shaved my head. Due to the time, I had to settle for a shower instead of a bath. I was in bed by 11:17pm. Unfortunately, I think my subconscious was at work over the return to work because I didn't sleep well. I was wide awake by 3:33am. I only dozed on and off throughout the night.

Today, I was out of bed at about 6:10am. I caught my "on time" train, then transferred to the #1 train in the Bronx. Unfortunately, an extremely loud lady was having a very adult conversation with her grandson. She just went on, and on about (probably) to boy's father and how he (the father) was low down and dirty. Then, she went into this long drawn out explanation about how the "dirty dog" had to have been the one to do something or other with the phone. Then went into details about how incriminating evidence is difficult to remove from a phone if you are not careful. A 20 minute ride and she wouldn't shut up.

My kids for the first couple of periods were sleepy angels too tired to do much of anything disruptive. Unfortunately the sleepiness wore off. Then the old behavior came back with a vengeance. Princess Peanut (formally beady betty, formally temper tantrum tina) is just spoiled rotten that is all that I can say.

Today, AP1 called my class phone to inform me that a special ed student would be mainstreamed in my classroom during Math because (according the AP1) the student can be quite a talker but she (AP1) knows that I am a "no nonsense" teacher that won't tolerate the girl's talkative behavior. Really?!?! If she wanted a "no nonsense" teacher than she should have put the girl in the 3rd grade class down the hall. However, I think "Down the Hall" would have raised a stink. And Across the Hall was absent today, she had to handle some personal business. Luckily for me, a substitute teacher was assigned, so I did not have any extra kids.

Uh Oh. 9 more minutes left.

Well, I was out of school at about 4:56pm. :) I arrived at the Bronx with about 10 minutes before the MN would arrived, but I spent too much time in Rite Aid and missed the train. Since I had about 20 minutes to kill, I went to Target to buy a timer for home and another for my classroom. I managed to catch the 6:03pm MN train. I returned with about 4 minutes to spare before the Southbound train to Yonkers would arrived. So, I had no time to change clothes. I grabbed my gym bag which has been sitting on my dresser for the last 4 months packed ready to go. So....

After about 15 or 20 years, I have finally returned to the gym. I arrived a bit lost, so I asked for another tour of the place, and I in the end, I ended up buying 5 sessions with a personal trainer. Considering how lost I felt, I am not going to count the $100 expensive as a waste of money. If the personal trainer helps me get off to a good start with the gym, then I think it is money well spent. I have only one minute to go, so I will write about my 20 minute trial session another time.

Finally, I returned home about 9:12pm. Weight Watchers for dinner.


Post Date - Wednesday, January 2, 2008 10:47pm

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Yeah, I've got a big talker mainstreamed student who moved away at the beginning of the year--except on Monday, he's coming back! I can definitely empathize. He's a nice kid, but man, he's loud.

Jannx said...

I suppose I should consider myself lucky that I only have the mainstreamed student for a single period(math).