Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

One more day to go. Then, it is back to the salt mines. Today started off fairly cold in my apartment. There was no heat or hot water. I woke up stuffed up, and the beginings of a runny nose. Any other time, I probably would have stayed under my covers, but with a day to go until the vacation ends, I did not want to stay in bed. I got out of bed about 10am. Since there was no hot water, I had to boil a pot of water so that I could sponge off, brush my teeth, and shave. After getting dressed, and having to deal with cold hands and a bit of a runny nose, I turned on the oven for heat. Since my apartment was cold, I brought in my lesson plan book into the kitchen. I did lesson planning in the kitchen. After a couple of hours, I decided that I wanted to go to the Y to sign up adult boxing class ($35 per month). I took the MN to Yonkers, first I stopped off at the bank to deposit a couple of checks into my checking account: Teacher's Choice($260), daily rated pay check for the summer training teachers were "strongly encouraged" to attend($128), an old money order I found while cleaning that I'd never send off for something (#19.95), and finally, a UFT refund check I also found while cleaning($1.44). That was suppose to have been my spending money for me, but I now have to use that money to pay my bills. After the bank, I went to the Y. I was told that the boxing class was canceled. I went food shopping next. Back home, I had a Weight Watchers dinner. Then, I finished up my lesson plans. I also managed to type up my homework sheet. Lastly, I worked on updating a small part of my other web site. My other web site is kind of my professional portfolio.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Nice blog you've got here. Glad to see blogs by other teachers. I also spend a lot of time grading papers and stuff like that. Wouldn't it be great if all you had to do as a teacher is teach?

Would it be okay if I linked to your blog on mine?

By the way, I also have a blog for my classroom: http://mrcartersdojo.blogspot.com

Jannx said...

Hello Jeff. Thanks for the visit.