Sunday, December 30, 2007

Another wasted day. I slept until about 10AM. I got up with the plan of taking a bath, but the water was cold. I ate a couple of bowls of cereal and went back to bed. I was up again at about 1:30PM, the water was still cold. I lost all interest in doing anything productive. About 5:20PM, I decided to take the MN to Yonkers to sign up for the Adult boxing program at the local Y, but I was mistaken about the time. The local Y closes at 5:30 not 6PM, so that was another change. I decided to walk up the hill to get some beef lo mein and the Sunday paper. In the lobby, the water problem was revealed with a message taped to the lobby door:

"There was an emergency situation, the water and the heat would not be on until Monday afternoon."

I should not have gone to buy greasy Chinese food, but I was in a mood for greasy food. However, when I got to the Chinese restaurant, the lady behind the counter said nothing as I stood there waiting for her to take my order. I have a bad habit of being a waiter...waiting for an offer or even an acknowledgement. I stood there looking at the lady waiting for her to say something. Then the phone rang. I guess I was in a bad mood, I left. And as I was leaving, I could then hear the lady behind me asking me for my order. I kept on walking. I bought my Sunday paper and returned home. For dinner I opened up a can of low sodium Italian meatballs with spinach. I also finished the last of the sliced turkey meat. I then started working on my paper piles again. I group the (now foldered) piles into alphabetical order. I also labeled the hanging file holders. My file cabinet is now organized. I basically have my personal files in the top draw, and my school materials in the bottom. My files are now in alphabetically order except for one file I've labeled "Monthly Bills". I would have liked to have one folder for each bill, but I know that would be too much for me, so I will have one file for all of the bills that I receive, and that file in the first one. I am hoping this new system will be easier for me to keep organized.


Well, I better go. Only a couple of days remaining. My goal tomorrow will now be half for lesson planning and the other half for grading assignments. I also want to go to the Y to sign up for the boxing for fitness program. $35 dollars per month. You can also pay for a three-month period, but considering that I have yet to set foot in the gym even though I paid premium membership sometime in August.

Finally, while surfing the Internet, I came across the attached cartoon. I was watching a clip from a comedian's appearance on the Tonight Show, then I went to her MySpace homepage. I laughed a few times, but I cringed a couple of times too.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=2503450



Post Date - Sunday, December 30, 2007 11:42PM

2 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Those kinds of days can be really nice - not doing anything. I have some grading I've been putting off for the whole break too - hopefully I'll get to it today. But if not, hey it'll still be there on Wednesday.....

A Paperback Writer said...

I need a few more of those days. I'm still grading papers.....