Wednesday, December 26, 2007


Today was apartment cleaning day (part 1). I only scratched the surface today. The living room was my main focus today. First up, I did a bit of furniture rearrangement. I moved my computer away from the window area. I think I have a bit of arthritis in my right arm. Lately, when I sit at the computer, I feel a bit of pain. Also, I like the idea of new year new layout. My computer is now in the corner on the opposite wall where the shelving units used to be. After removing everything that I've been shoving into the shelving units over the past couple of months, I washed the units down. Then organized my books. The shelving units are now on opposite sides of the main window, as oppose to being together on the opposite wall. Now, one unit is for professional items and the other is for personal items. The unit on the left will have school related books and materials. The unit on the right will have my commuter reading material and personal items (like my yearbooks, manuals, etc...) I'll attach a photo of my commuter reading material. In the photo, the books on the bottom are books that I've already read. On the top left, are paperback books I've read. On the top right are books I haven't read yet.

Yesterday, I ordered a two-draw file cabinet from Staples, it should arrive tomorrow. The file cabinet will go between my computer and the card table I'm using as a dining room table. Yesterday, I almost bought a copier machine for home use. I am tired of not having access to a copy machine nearby.

Tomorrow will be paper throwing away day. I decided that I will throw away anything that I have not or will not use within a 6 month time frame. Also, I will throw away all the worksheets that I used last school year. I really want 2008 to be the year I "get it together". These last few months have been a stress-filled daze. I can't continue like I have been for these last few months. Oh cleaning up, I actually found a pack of ink for my printer. These last couple of weeks of my printing in blue because I believe that I did not have anymore black ink. This is why I need to clean up, I have to have a neat place. I am one of those people who has to have a place for everything, and everything in its place. When things are not in an easy accessible place, I will forget about it, or I start creating piles (until the piles become mounds that merge into the mess I've been living in).

If everything goes well, then the next few days will follow this way:

Thursday - Living room clean (part 2), paper organizing, cleaning the kitchen
Friday - Lesson planning (goal is at least 2 weeks)
Saturday - Back to the mall (this time shopping for me)
Sunday - Bathroom and bedroom cleaning, and lesson planning at least 2 weeks
Monday - grading student work and doing progress report.
Tuesday - I am not sure, but I do know I don't want to think about school

Ii would be nice if I could tackle cleaning in one day and lesson planning/grading in one day as well. Unfortunately, when I have to do something I don't want to do, my mind turns to mush.

Well, I better go, these last few days I still have not managed to be in bed before midnight.


Post Date - Wednesday, December 26, 2007 11:12PM

2 comments:

Max Sartin said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog. It's always nice to see other teachers on the web. Especially ones from areas I have connections with. My mom was raised in the Bronx, my dad in Brooklyn. I spent a lot of time in the city, we lived outside Boston and visited the grandparents in NYC often. Hope to keep chatting with you - comparing teaching in Utrah with NYC. Here is the link you were looking for, the one to rate your blog: http://www.criticsrant.com/bb/reading_level.aspx

Jannx said...

Hello Max. Thanks for giving me the Reading Level URL. I just got my results. Curiousity isn't always a good thing.