Wednesday, December 05, 2007


Another relapse. The night before was a regular (irregular) sleep night. I left school about 6:45PM. The schedule for Wednesday is an in-house half-day training for the new literacy program. Yes, the same program that required teachers to report two days earlier at the beginning of the school year (instead of getting classrooms ready). The program that started about a month and a half after school started. And yes, the same program that we are currently using older versions of the materials because the new materials have not arrived yet. Training will be on the new materials.

At first, I wasn't sure how the training day was scheduled (plus the irregular sleep routine turned my mind to mush. By three, I was both mentally and physically drained, so I kind of drifted and wandered, until I could finally focus, by then it was about 6:00PM. There were a few things going through my mind at the same time (the training [did I need to plan activities for the teacher(s) covering my class], student behavior, portfolio development, portfolio components, social studies, writing rubrics, etc...). In the end, I just threw a few books and materials into the granny cart with the (false) plan of getting it organized when I got home.

When I got home, I had planned to call a couple of parents about behavior, but after dinner, I fell asleep. For dinner I ate a Weight Watchers "Smart Ones" meal. I added a cup of microwavable rice to the meal to help fill me up. For dessert, I ate a couple of cups of Blueberry Morning cereal. I use the same disposable drinking cup, so that I don't have to wash dishes.

Oh, a quick comment about the microwavable rice. By now, you know that I like the microwavable mini cups. They are quick, convenient, and until recently, a healthier choice than some of the other possible food choices. Success Rice (an instant rice making company) was bought by Minute Rice.

What was the first thing Minute Rice did?

They added salt to the white and brown rice. There were favored rices that I usually avoided because of the sodium content. For example, Success Rice Long Grain and Wild Rice Mix has 390mg of sodium. I was satisfied with the white and brown rice. White rice had 0mg of sodium, and brown rice had about 5mg of sodium. Now, both have 175mg of sodium (about 7% of the recommended daily allowance of sodium intake).

Well, I better go. Above, I have attached photos of my recent bulletin board.


Post Date - Wednesday, December 5, 2007 2:46AM

No comments: